Investigating and analyzing the most important delay causes in Kurdistan Building Construction Projects
- Building projects,
- Relative importance index,
- Kurdistan Region of Iraq
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The most controversial trouble that happened in the construction projects is Delay. So, the specified research took part to investigate the basic causes in delaying the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. The study gathered information from the insight of contractors, consultants, and owners. A wide literature review has been discussed. The delay causes are recognized built on the identified literature review. These features are characterized into owner-related, consultant-related, contractor-related, material-related, labour and equipment-related, and external-related groups. Twenty- six experienced persons participated in doing the questionnaire surveys to control the relative importance of every cause. The work discovered that the highest five reasons for postponement in building projects are financial difficulties by contractors, variation in prices, postponement in making and appreciative shop diagrams, lack of labour, and mistakes in soil study. Lastly, the probable approaches of dropping plan postponements are suggested. This work helps as a helpful tool for construction experts and academics to prevent reasons for postponement in constructing schemes in Kurdistan.
- S. Neamat, “The Development Of Management Control Systems Framework In Public-Private Partnerships,” International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research, vol. 8, no. 10, Art. no. 10, 2019.
- S. Neamat, “A Developed Framework for Energy Technology Sustainability Assessment,” Int. J. Innov. Technol. Explor. Eng. IJITEE, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 832–838, 2019.
- M. Birgonul, I. Dikmen, and B. Ozorhon, “The impact of reverse knowledge transfer on competitiveness: The Case of Turkish Contractors in Economics for the Modern Built Environment., Les Ruddock,” 2009.
- S. A. Assaf and S. Al-Hejji, “Causes of delay in large construction projects,” International journal of project management, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 349–357, 2006.
- A. S. Faridi and S. M. El-Sayegh, “Significant factors causing delay in the UAE construction industry,” Construction Management and Economics, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 1167–1176, 2006.
- M. H. Fallahnejad, “Delay causes in Iran gas pipeline projects,” International Journal of project management, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 136–146, 2013.
- S. Neamat, “Investigation of FRP impact on Shear Strengthening of Reinforced and Pre-Stressed Concrete Beams,” research review, vol. 9, p. 11, 2020.
- S. Neamat, “Factors Affecting Project Performance in Kurdistan Region of Iraq,” International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Science, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 01–05, 2017.
- P. Shahsavand, A. Marefat, and M. Parchamijalal, “Causes of delays in construction industry and comparative delay analysis techniques with SCL protocol,” Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management, 2018.
- S. Sivaprakasam, S. Dinesh, and J. Jayashree, ‘A review on causes of delay in construction projects’, IJSRD, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 1108-1110, 2017”.
- P. Turkar and M. Apte, “Delay Causes and Importance of Corrective Actions on them,” 2016.
- S. D. Salahaddin, “Factors Affecting the Competitiveness and Innovation in Northern Iraq Construction Industry,” 2016.
- S. S. Mulla and A. P. Waghmare, “A study of factors caused for time & cost overruns in construction project & their remedial measures,” International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 48–53, 2015.
- S. Neamat, “Human Resource Management with Strategic Development,” Journal of Civil Engineering Frontiers, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 16–19, 2020.
- S. Neamat and M. Shamsborhan, “The Investigation of The Different Types of the Ground Rebar Spacers with Proposing New Design Rebar Space Mixed of Concrete Plastic,” Journal of Civil Engineering Frontiers, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 01–06, 2020.
- A. Muhammed, H. Karimi, B. Gharab, S. Neamat, and K. Mirzaei, “Assessment of the Quality of the Environment in Duhok Province, Kurdistan Region of Iraq,” Journal of Civil Engineering Frontiers, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 20–24, 2020.
- S. Neamat and H. Karimi, “A systematic review of GIS-based landslide Hazard Mapping on Determinant Factors from International Databases,” in 2020 International Conference on Advanced Science and Engineering (ICOASE), Dec. 2020, pp. 180–183. doi: 10.1109/ICOASE51841.2020.9436611.
- S. Neamat, “Management Controls For Minimizing Risk In Public-Private Partnerships In Kurdistan Region Of Iraq”.
- T. Gebrehiwet and H. Luo, “Analysis of delay impact on construction project based on RII and correlation coefficient: Empirical study,” Procedia engineering, vol. 196, pp. 366–374, 2017.
- S. Neamat, “Models Developed for Creep of High Strength Concrete,” International Journal of Civil,Mechanical and Energy Science, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 174–180, May 2017.
- H. Karimi, S. Neamat, and S. Galali, “Application of Mathematical Matrices for Environmental Impact Assessment, A Case Study of Thermal Power Plant,” Journal of Applied Science and Technology Trends, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 13–16, 2020.
- J. K. Larsen, G. Q. Shen, S. M. Lindhard, and T. D. Brunoe, “Factors affecting schedule delay, cost overrun, and quality level in public construction projects,” Journal of Management in Engineering, vol. 32, no. 1, p. 04015032, 2016.
- S. D. S. Neamat, “A Comparative Study of Safety Leading and Lagging Indicators Measuring Project Safety Performance,” Adv. Sci. Technol. Eng. Syst. J., vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 306–312, 2019.
- S. Durdyev, M. Omarov, and S. Ismail, “Causes of delay in residential construction projects in Cambodia,” Cogent Engineering, vol. 4, no. 1, p. 1291117, 2017.
- S. Neamat, “Risk Assessment for Uzun Construction and Real Estate Company in TRNC”.
- S. Neamat and I. Yitmen, “Factors Affecting the Innovation and Competitiveness in Kurdistan Region of Iraq Construction Industry,” International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Science (IJAERS), vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 157–162, 2017, doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.22161/ijaers.4.2.31.
- E. Soliman, “Recommendations to Mitigate Delay Causes in Kuwait Construction Projects,” American Journal of Civil Engineering and Architecture, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 253–262, 2017.